SVG?

Requests for additions to the site. Bug-reports and feedback about the site. Questions to the contributors and founders.

SVG?

Postby Fordi » 26 Sep 2010, 19:09

Given the various resolutions that are presented for each language, I expect the badge is made originally in a vector format, possibly AI.

Would it be possible to export SVG versions, with the font having been fully vectorized (to enable broader support, as not all renderers support fonts directly)?

I ask because one of the emerging things in newer browsers is native support for SVG files, which enables use of much smaller files, and much lower overhead on the web.
Fordi

Re: SVG?

Postby Michael » 26 Sep 2010, 19:38

Fordi wrote:Given the various resolutions that are presented for each language, I expect the badge is made originally in a vector format, possibly AI.

Would it be possible to export SVG versions, with the font having been fully vectorized (to enable broader support, as not all renderers support fonts directly)?

I ask because one of the emerging things in newer browsers is native support for SVG files, which enables use of much smaller files, and much lower overhead on the web.

The original was made in the SVG format, yes. and in the original the font is fully vectorized so you can change the text yourself if you like.

The SVG file can be found on the downloads page.

http://nuclearpoweryesplease.org/downloads.html

/Michael
Michael

Return to Requests, Feedback & Questions