Choosing an electrical project related to nuclear science

This is where things heat up. Discuss and debate nuclear power, energy issues and similar subjects.

No power excursions or meltdowns please. Be polite, and strive to maintain a dialogue.
Forum rules
  • Be respectful. Harsh language, taunting, ridicule, insulting and similar is not tolerated. Attacks on a person's character rather than his/her arguments is grounds for warnings and eventually a ban.
  • Be specific. It's better to discuss a specific, narrow topic than everything at once.
  • Stay on topic. If the discussion starts to broaden, make a new topic.
  • Don't preach. Maintain a dialog rather than trying to do a sermon to covert heathens.

Choosing an electrical project related to nuclear science

Postby Nuclear_chita » 01 Feb 2013, 09:39

Hello all,

I am currently pursuing my MSc in Nuclear engineering. My background is in BSc Electrical/electronics engineering therefore I am inclined to go for some project related to nuclear engineering having roots in electrical/electronics/control engineering.

It would be great if somebody can suggest some project titles. For example, problems related to nuclear industry like one of my mates was working upon making a BF3 detector more effective etc.

Thanks in advance!
Nuclear_chita

Re: Choosing an electrical project related to nuclear scienc

Postby Matte » 03 Feb 2013, 18:19

Contact an operating nuclear plant near you and ask if they have an issue to be solved. Gets you a foot in the door so to speak...
Matte

Re: Choosing an electrical project related to nuclear scienc

Postby Johan » 03 Feb 2013, 19:13

I know very little about electronic or control engineering. But I bet there are interesting aspects of noise measurements that you could look into, see for example the work they are doing at Chalmers
http://www.nephy.chalmers.se/research/diagnostics.html
Johan

Return to The Reactor Core