This is where things heat up. Discuss and debate nuclear power, energy issues and similar subjects.
No power excursions or meltdowns please. Be polite, and strive to maintain a dialogue.
- Be respectful. Harsh language, taunting, ridicule, insulting and similar is not tolerated. Attacks on a person's character rather than his/her arguments is grounds for warnings and eventually a ban.
- Be specific. It's better to discuss a specific, narrow topic than everything at once.
- Stay on topic. If the discussion starts to broaden, make a new topic.
- Don't preach. Maintain a dialog rather than trying to do a sermon to covert heathens.
I am currently pursuing my MSc in Nuclear engineering. My background is in BSc Electrical/electronics engineering therefore I am inclined to go for some project related to nuclear engineering having roots in electrical/electronics/control engineering.
It would be great if somebody can suggest some project titles. For example, problems related to nuclear industry like one of my mates was working upon making a BF3 detector more effective etc.
Thanks in advance!
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 01 Feb 2013, 09:35
Contact an operating nuclear plant near you and ask if they have an issue to be solved. Gets you a foot in the door so to speak...
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 18:56
I know very little about electronic or control engineering. But I bet there are interesting aspects of noise measurements that you could look into, see for example the work they are doing at Chalmershttp://www.nephy.chalmers.se/research/diagnostics.html
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 24 Nov 2008, 14:38
Return to The Reactor Core
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest